- Maintain a detailed, web-based listing of service-learning opportunities so volunteers can make informed selections.
- Provide a contact for volunteers during business hours and outside normal business hours.
- Meet with volunteers and offer training periodically.
- Develop service-learning opportunities which allow students/volunteers to perform meaningful work.
- Provide a detailed job description and expectations for satisfactory completion of the service-learning experience.
- Provide supervision, direction, and constructive feedback during placement.
- Structure service-learning activities to include opportunities to learn or practice skills and to interact with clients, if applicable.
- Provide a realistic appraisal of risk factors associated with agency, activity or location.
- Maintain system to document service(s) performed and hours served.
- Understand the expectations and duties involved in the service-learning experience selected.
- Acknowledge that some service sites may be located in areas where personal safety may be a concern. Use reasonable precautions to ensure personal safety such as locking car doors, keeping adequate gas in vehicle tank, walking with others, and asking agency personnel which local businesses are safe to patronize.
- Observe safety measures suggested or required by the agency or event. Student acknowledges University is not responsible for the safety of the agency/event service sites, nor for the actions of the management, employees, or clients of the agency/event/service. In consideration of the benefits derived from participation in the Service-Learning Program, Student agrees to indemnify and hold harmless University, its Trustees, officers, and employees against any loss, damage or injury suffered by Student at the agency/event/service site and/or traveling to and from that location
- Maintain the agreed upon schedule, arriving on time and staying the number of hours established for satisfactory completion of the service-learning experience
- Notify agency/event representative, if a commitment must be broken due to illness or other unavoidable situation.
- Dress appropriately. If in doubt, check with the agency representative before service begins.
- Learn as much about the agency/event and the clients served as possible. Suspend judgment and enter each experience with an open mind.
- Have the agency/event representative sign the agreement and verification form at the completion of service. Student will return the signed form to the Center for Civic Engagement, Library, 4th Floor and to Rushman-Micah Angel Foundation.
- I will treat all information regarding clients, services, and other business at this placement site as confidential.