Why Focus on Family Involvement?
- Required in IDEA (The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a law ensuring services to children with disabilities throughout the nation. IDEA governs how states and public agencies provide early intervention, special education and related services to more than 6.5 million eligible infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities.
- An IDEA Florida State Performance Plan (SPP) data indicates that ESE students in several counties are not demonstrating proficiency in reading and math.
- Builds positive relationships
- Encourages new positive behaviors
- Reinforces learning skills and maintenance
- Increases self-satisfaction and optimism among youth, parents, and teachers
* RMAF Technology Grant Application